SafeCooler™ Exhaust Gas Cooler
The market leader in diesel engine exhaust gas cooler
Our SafeCooler™ is a supremely efficient, reliable, compact, and cost-effective heat exchanger that continually cools the diesel engine exhaust gases to below critical ignition temperatures for gas. Thus, ensuring safe and reliable use of diesel equipment when operating in potentially explosive environments.
Designed for hazardous or potentially hazardous areas the system measures, and monitors both the engine exhaust gas outlet temperature and exhaust system surface temperature, as required by the governing EN1834-1 standard (harmonized ATEX standard).
High efficiency and superior performance
With its unique fine tube design, SafeCooler™ is the most compact and efficient diesel engine exhaust cooling package on the market today. Every SafeCooler™ is diagnostically configured and harmonized with the specific diesel engine’s operating parameters. This allows to optimize the performance of the engine and SafeCooler™ for the entire working life of the equipment.
SafeCooler™ Zone 2 Exhaust Gas Cooler kit
Key Benefits of SafeCooler™ Zone 2 Exhaust Gas Cooler
- Compact design, combined with best in class thermal efficiency
- Long operational time without cleaning
- Minimal flow restriction in the exhaust system
- For both turbocharged and naturally aspirated engines from 60 to 2000HP
- Available for Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Deutz, MTU, Perkins, Volvo Penta, and other engine manufacturers
- Modular design
- Possibility to run without exhaust flame arrestors when combined with 3GHI Lite system
SafeCooler™ can be delivered as standalone unit, or as part of SafeCooler™ kit which includes all the additional mechanical components required for hazardous area engines:
- SafeCooler exhaust gas cooler assembly
- Air intake shutoff valve
- Air intake flame arrestor
- Crankcase breather flame arrestor
- Lockable oil filler
- Lockable oil dip stick
SafeCooler™ is included as standard in our SafePack™ and SafeGen™ product range.